I loved chiropractic until I learned about the connection between your thoughts & your body and now this is my passion!
Within a few years of beginning my chiropractic practice at the age of 39 years young, I found myself struggling with all sorts of health issues (adrenal fatigue, digestive complaints, hormonal imbalances, gallbladder attacks, MRSA infections, then Lyme Disease).
Ultimately this journey led me to discover the connection between my thoughts and how they were negatively effecting (yes, the "e" is correct!) my health. For me personally, anger and resentment were taking their toll on my mental & physical health. My big "aha" moment came a few years ago when I made the connection between my chronic gallbladder attacks and resentment towards a family member. Through a simple, 10-minute meditation, I was able to stop a gallbladder attack by forgiving this person and myself, and letting go of the associated hurt feelings...and I've NEVER had another gallbladder attack since then! This had my attention. If this was possible...what else was possible?
Check out my videos and blogs for more stories of raw emotional baggage and what holding on to this junk did to my health & that of my clients.
Now I have my good health and well-being back and I want to share what I have learned with others! NOW I can say with even deeper conviction that THIS is my calling!
- Iowa State University, BS in Finance, 1988
- Drake University, MBA, 1994
- Palmer College of Chiropractic, Davenport, IA, Doctor of Chiropractic, Magna Cum Laude, Oct. 2005
- Opened Big Creek Family Chiropractic, Polk City, 2005
- Moved to Clive, IA, in order to focus on Lyme Disease, changed business name to Holistic Wellness Center, Oct. 2013
- Discovered that most people with serious illnesses wouldn't make a full recovery if they didn't address their underlying emotional stress (myself included!)
- Transitioned my business to online mindset training/coaching in 2015 and now work from home.
Signup for my newsletter here!